Jaws at OSU Open Source Lab
Pablo Fischer
2007-10-31 18:19:32 UTC

During the last months we were looking for some sponsors willing to
host our project.

We found that OSU Open Source Lab (osuosl.org) was the best provider
and sponsor.

We think its a good time to move to OSU OSL since they host many big
and interesting opensource projects like Mozilla, PHP, Debian, Ubuntu
and many many others and we consider that would be helpful for the
project since we have serious plans in joining the next Google Summer
of Code as a mentoring organization[1] not as a project we did last
summer[2].

We must accept that all the services Mirco Bauer offered us in the
last year(s) were pretty good however as it happens in human life,
opensource projects also need to grow more and more in all possible
directions.

OSU Open Source Labs is giving us a lot of chance of growing with many
big projects.

Our own virtual server at OSU OSL servers is ready, we are going to be
moving all of our services (and data!) to this vserver during today
Tuesday and tomorrow Friday. I'll also require all of current
developers and translators to mail me (pablo-***@public.gmane.org) the
following data:

Name:
Email:
Username:
Password: VERY Important:

I need the passwords in two formats:

1) Htpasswd with MD5
To generate the password in htpasswd and md5 please type:

htpasswd -mn user

And send me the output.

2) In Pure MD5, you can use PHP for it: <?php echo md5('mypassword');

In the following hours we are going to *turn off* our current services
to make the backups and move to OSU OSL.

All of this data is needed to give you access to SVN!

Thanks for all!

[1] http://code.google.com/soc/2007/
[2] http://code.google.com/soc/2007/php/about.html
--
Pablo Fischer (pablo [arroba/at] pablo.com.mx)
Cel: (044-55) 3647-6193