Jaws 0.8.7 released
Ali Fazelzadeh
2008-12-25 21:30:24 UTC
Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Jaws 0.8.7, changes since 0.8.6 are:
<ul>
<li>Improve mechanism of removing expired session</li>
<li>Add new feature to set database path, for Interbase, Firebird and SQLite drivers</li>
<li>Add autoload translated page in default site's language</li>
<li>Add new feature to set site language via url in Preferences gadget</li>
<li>Add permission checking, when user try to change user or group permissions</li>
<li>Add restricted adding comment for registered user</li>
<li>Add new plugin "ActionImport" to load other gadget's actions</li>
<li>Add new feature to set default user's group of frontend registered user</li>
<li>Add new feature to set default user's type of frontend registered user</li>
<li>Add numbered paging to blog actions</li>
<li>Add numbered paging to search result</li>
<li>Improve operating in safe-mode</li>
<li>Improve UrlMapper caching</li>
<li>Update libraries(PEAR packages, tinyMCE, prototype, ...)</li>
<li>Fix sending email when comment adding to Blog, Phoo and Chatbox gadgets</li>
<li>Update Russian translation</li>
<li>Add a new theme: mustard-green</li>
<li>and many more enhancement and minor bug fixes</li>
</ul>

<h2>Requirements</h2>
<ul>
<li>PHP >= 4.3.6</li>
<li>MySQL >= 4.1</li>
<li>Postgresql >= 7.4</li>
<li>Oracle >= 8.0</li>
<li>MSSQL >= 8.0</li>
<li>Firebird >= 1.5</li>
<li>Interbase >= 6.0</li>
<li>SQLite >= 2.8</li>
<li>Apache 1.3, Apache 2, Cherokee >> 0.4.29 (under fcgi) and IIS</li>
</ul>

<h2>Download</h2>
To download the package(s) <a href="http://www.jaws-project.com/page/download">just click here!</a>.

Thanks to all the people who uses Jaws, our best wishes, have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Ali Fazelzadeh
Jaws Project Team